A GOOD-BYE is never painful unless you are never going to say HELLO again.
- The Fresh Quotes
Another year has come and gone. You might be receiving plenty of year-end wishes on emails and much more on social platforms, let me break that monotony for you - by trying my hand to review my 2017 and what I wish to challenge in 2018.
Overall, 2017 was a pretty awesome year. I made progress on a lot of things I thought were super important, completed a bunch of personal goals, and most importantly learned a lot :)
That said, I still need to fix few things which I originally set out to do. So that goes first on my TODO list of 2018.
Things that went well in 2017
- Created my website to express my thoughts, ideas and share things which keep me happy & motivated
- Meditated (@4:15AM) for over a thousand minutes - started with mindful techniques (Emily Fletcher) and eventually dig deeper into Kriya Yoga
- Read & listened (Google Books & Audible) various books and challenged to summarize them quickly on My Bookshelf
- Started the day with laser-focused task management. Eat That Frog, First Things First, The 5 Seconds Rule books; helped me to break my habit of procrastination
- Started with one of my ambitious project of My LifeBook - will unfold more about it in subsequent year
- Started with experiencing & visiting some of the super luxurious resort with family
- Spent some awesome time with friends - whether playing cricket/table tennis or going on long drives with no specific plan
- Worked hard to build my core - tried some indoor exercises to test my endurance against traditional gym workouts
- Invested time & money into personal development - knowing best practices followed around the world for building happy workplace culture (Happiness Bootcamp) or enrolling in some unique life-changing training (John Butcher)
- Conducted knowledge sharing sessions with colleague’s and helped them to find their professional goals & ways to achieve them via “Blueprints for the Soul” exercise
- Extended happiness at workplace via organization culture, mission & core values. Conducted activities like “Housing 2.0” & “Agile Methodology” initiatives
- … and many other miscellaneous projects which gave a sense of achievement & satisfaction
Things I want to achieve in 2018
- Conduct at least 3 Sessions/Workshops to help my colleagues inch-closer to achieving their Blueprints
- Develop 1 Android App (around Org Culture & Blueprint for the Soul) and host on Google Play Store
- Summarize minimum 12 books in My Bookshelf category
- Go on 1 Adventure Trip to places like Ladakh
- Go on 1 Adventure Sport like paragliding or scuba-diving
- Visit 1 Super Luxurious Hotel (in India or abroad)
- Restart my Wushu martial arts training
- Will attempt for Human Flag
It was a fabulous year. Here is my attempt to review past year & unquenchable thirst for challenges I have to achieve in 2018. Off-course “everything at present is good, though I still need to improve on various fronts…” but…
So now that I’m done with my bit of story, I would like to know if you have any ideas, suggestions, thoughts or anything at all on how I can achieve my above goals a better way, please write back to me in the comments section or simply mail me.
WISHING YOU ALL HAPPY NEW YEAR - 2018!!